Photoshop Elements 3 installation error

Masamune

Registered
Hey guys,
I have Photoshop Elements 3 (pse3_mac_ue.hqx) tryout sofrqare in a folder on my mac, i can expand this into the same folder and it comes out as a sub folder called pse3_mac_ue, i open this and it gives me a file called Adobe Photoshop Elements.pkg.sit i expand again and get yet another subfolder this time called Adobe Photoshop Elements, i open this and there is a file called Adobe Photoshop Elements.pkg, i try to install this onto my computer but as sonn as it comes up in the installer window i get 'The preflight script was either not executable or not readable.'

I hope that wasn't too complicated but it's the only way i could think of making sure i wasn't doing anything stupid or misleading.
Well anyhelp on what i may be doing to make this stop working or what i can cahnge to make it work would be greatly appreciated, i've never managed to get this file open so no timers have run out or anything.

-Masa

Hi Masa

being interested in this soft i went trhu the same process, had one hiccup to expand the 1st file i add to use stuffit 9.0.1 when stuffit 10 is the latest version and thus used by default and end up straight with the .pkg file rather than the .pkg.sit you mentionned ?

Other than that installer did the job of doing the full install.

My guess is that you should try and dowload again from adobe's website the file being pretty heavy the dload might be incomplete and thus doesn't allow installer to do it's job.

BTW there's a version 4.0 for windows that should be coming out for MAC soon hopefully so I'll be waiting for it before I buy it but get used to using it with the trial version, just bought a Nikon d50 so I'll be able to fiddle with it before

Thanks!
I'll go try adn the try the new one when it comes out, jsut not sure wethere i want to cough up any of my not very hard earned but scarce money for software that won't install.

-masa

I intend to have a look a the trial version but if decided to buy will get the box and cd/dvd rather than download it ... it's also probably the cheapest around even if you compare with aperture so unless you have iPhoto5 and you find its limits sounds like its the most affordable.

Good luck in installing it :)

Back