PhotoShop etc.

super_pup

scared.weird.little.guy
i have adobe photoshop for OS 9, and whilst i like it, it can be a bit overwhelming at times. is there anything out there (for OS X, preferably) that will do similar stuff, but simpler (and hopefully cheaper/free)?

please describe more specifically what you want to be able to do. like basic manipulation of photos and graphics (size, brightness, contrast, hue, etc) or special effects and artistic enhancement of photos or what? there are other graphic manipulation programs, but it would help to know what you need. For just enhancing your digital photos, Graphic Converter is worth looking at.

yea sorry... i'm looking for more special effects and artistic enhancement of photos - my uncle uses PaintShop pro (i think) on his PC, and he can make images look like watercolours or pencil drawings - special effecty stuff

There's Painter, of course, and there's zillions of Filters for Photoshop that can do such things. Some are integrated. Fool around a bit in Photoshop.

:confused: There probably is away to do that using photoshop but unfortunately I would not know....But what I do know is that the Program "Painter 7" is perfect for that kind of work, its pretty neat.

If you're willing to mess around with Unix and window managers, Gimp is available for OS X and it's completely free. It does the same sorts of things that PhotoShop does...

Isometric, are you talking about Corel's Painter 7? That's not free or cheap is it? The reason I'm asking is because their website bites. ;)

Using OmniWeb I get a picture of a bunny. That's it. Hrrm...

I have to agree with you that its not free and not cheap, but it is also half the price of PhotoShop....Hmmm
There maybe a filter you could download off Adobe's Website that will produce a similar effect to what your looking for.

Back