Photoshop Image Will Not Copy To Word

countrymile

Registered
I am in the process of moving photos I have taken to Photoshop, where I touch them up and then put them on a Word document in order to put text on them and then print them. For some reason, I cannot move the images to Word properly. A message box will pop up telling me the image is too big to export preperly. I try to resize the image but I am still not allowed to move the image. Usually, i copy images from the net, and then paste them onto Word which seems to work fine. This time, however, I have my own images that I want to print. Do you have any suggestions? Thank You!

Lucas

BTW I have a Photoshop version 7.0 and a Mac OSX.

I've had similar problems pasting into Quark (don't use word). How are you trying to get the images into Word? Sounds like pasting, from the warning you quoted. Can you import an image into word directly without using copy and paste? It's the 'include/add' menu - then 'picture/image' - then source 'select from file' or something like that.

If that's what you're doing already, apologies.

Just a thought, seeing as no-one has replied yet...

Hi there,

I think I can guess whats wrong. When you copy images from the net, the size you see them is their physical size. When you are in Photoshop go to the View menu and select Actual Pixels for one of your own images. So now you this is the physical size of your image. So if your image is way to big you can make it smaller by going to the Image menu and select Image Size. Make sure you have Constrain Proportions selected. The easiest way for you to reduce the size is by reducing the document size and then you can size it to how big you'd want it on your Word A4 page (being 21cm by 29.7cm). Save your image, making sure its in a file format like TIFF or JPEG so that you know Word will be able to read the file. Then do as Zek suggested and put your picture in Word by going to the Insert menu and selecting Picture-->From file.

Depending how much you care about the quality of your prints and if its just the pictures you are wanting to print with captions you would be better off just printing them in Photoshop. You could resize your image like I said earlier so it fits onto a page the size you want then increase the Canvas Size to the size of A4 (or better a bit smaller). Use the move tool to place the image where you want and then use the Text tool and add your captions. Also you could think about using QurakXpress or Adobe Illustrator which once you learn the basics of will be able to save you so much time, make life more simple and get much better results from. They are page layout programes where Word is well word processing.

I hope that helps, if not sorry.

Back