Photoshop - some fonts not working.. help!

starsprinkles

Registered
I have a rather strange problem.

Some fonts on my computer don't work in Photoshop. They work in other apps, and they show up in the font list in Photoshop, but when I try to apply them to text, the text disappears (as it does when the font doesn't support the text typed). I don't understand how this could be if the font works perfectly in other apps. I have tried reinstalling the fonts, redownloading them from other sites, etc. but nothing seems to help.

Does anyone have any clue how to fix this? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! =)

Just a thought. I seem to remember that when I was installing PhotoShop they had "Mac OS X extensions" or something like that. If you had installed PhotoShop before upgrading to Mac OS X, or if you had somehow chosen not to install these, then PhotoShop might not recognise font types that can't be read in Mac OS 9.

I'd try reinstalling PhotoShop and see what happens ...

The fonts are damaged. Photoshop is just displaying the damaged behavior. This isn't a problem with Photoshop, it's a problem with your fonts. Reinstall them from good backup files from the foundary where you purchased the fonts.

Back