PHP 4 and OSX

Omnipah

Registered
I have read in a couple places that the version of PHP 4 that was shipped with OSX is broken, and i have instructions on how to fix it, but I would like to know if anyone knows if it has been fixed in any of the patches since the original release...

Looking forward to any info you could provide.

I saw the directory for php when I first installed OS X. I don't think it is broken so much as some files (libraries?) left there from a previous incarnation. At any rate it seems like you have PHP running at gotz.org.

Much like Red Hat Linux (which includes PHP) I wouldn't recommend running the application with the OS as it is several patches (or more) old already and may have known hacks.

Either way, none of the patches ( I just downloaded and installed 10.0.4 b4q12) seems to have "fixed" it.

By the by, what are the instructions you have for fixing it?

Originally posted by jimfl
By the by, what are the instructions you have for fixing it?

Yes, its up and running on gotz.org, but thats on a dedicated Solaris server. I was looking to put it on OSX to do some development work and try to learn more about it ( im running pre-packaged stuff and have managed to learn a bit just go get it how i want it at gotz.org )

The directions I have for upgrading and fixing PHP, as well as Apache, MYSql, and WebDAV are at

Link 1

and

Link 2

so there ya go

Sorry, when you said fixed, I thought you meant tweaking some files-- not installing. Both links describe how to compile from the source code (which you will have to obtain from the respective sites). The PHP files left on the basic Mac OS X install are not fixed by either of these processes.

The info from both articles is/are good, but the devshed one is more in depth and includes MySQL.

Originally posted by jimfl
Sorry, when you said fixed, I thought you meant tweaking some files-- not installing. Both links describe how to compile from the source code (which you will have to obtain from the respective sites). The PHP files left on the basic Mac OS X install are not fixed by either of these processes.

The info from both articles is/are good, but the devshed one is more in depth and includes MySQL.

Sorry, i misunderstood what you meant. I have not found a source of information to fix the existing PHP Default install on OSX.

Back