PHP and homepage.mac.com

new32

Registered
I've sent a few letters to the fine folks at the site but have yet to recieve any kind of substantial response but I think many of us would be appreciative for barebones PHP support on our Mac.com accounts. Since most would assume the servers there are run on OS X, it wouldn't be too difficult to start and even with the sheer volume of Mac.com user's, the strain wouldn't be too bad seeing as there would be no additional modules or even MySQL to boost the server loads. (However, this assumes that the servers are properly balanced to begin with ^_^)

Sincerely,
new32

I think that this would bog the Apple servers too much. The bandwidth alone for that stuff must drain them pretty quickly, since they don't even put ads on there, and tons of software app makers put their files up there for the world to download. So I guess they need to keep bandwidth and server strain down. Although if it was possible, it'd sure be a nice feature, or maybe some sort of fee-based service for like perl and php and maybe mysql? Hmm.. Better go to wehostmacs.com for that :p

Back