php forms not sending email

fjef

Registered
I am half way through migrating from Quid Pro Quo (web server) and EIMS (mail server) on OS 9 to OS X Tiger Server.

The web server is now working fine and successfully hosting multiple domains - set up was a snap. I have added a php form to one of the sites and the form is OK (php module has been enabled) but when the submit button is hit, it does not send email.

I have not yet migrated the email server so Mail is still disabled on OS X server. Is it possible to have the php form's submit button working with Mail disabled?

I have multiple email domains running on the EIMS server, will set up be as simple as it was for the web services?

Thanks for any feedback - the email migration will take a while and I'd like to be more familiar with OS X server before I start that project - but having forms work properly is also important!

Jef

fjef said:
I am half way through migrating from Quid Pro Quo (web server) and EIMS (mail server) on OS 9 to OS X Tiger Server.

The web server is now working fine and successfully hosting multiple domains - set up was a snap. I have added a php form to one of the sites and the form is OK (php module has been enabled) but when the submit button is hit, it does not send email.

I have not yet migrated the email server so Mail is still disabled on OS X server. Is it possible to have the php form's submit button working with Mail disabled?

I have multiple email domains running on the EIMS server, will set up be as simple as it was for the web services?

Thanks for any feedback - the email migration will take a while and I'd like to be more familiar with OS X server before I start that project - but having forms work properly is also important!

Jef

You best look at the address of the SMTP server. Most likely it is not set to a valdi smtp server. Otherwise enable the SMTP server only (and optional force a redirect of all outgoing mail through another email server).

I know for the webmail part this is necessary to do as by default it will send mails though the local mailserver (127.0.0.1).

Good luck, Kees

Back