php.ini

javanai

Registered
I'm running on osx and my php module does transfer my variables. I'm using the attached php.ini which works perfectly on a friend's machine. I've tried putting it in usr/lib and usr/lib/php.
Is there another reason why I can't transfer?

It's a bit frustrating because without this functioning correctly I can't test flash/php interaction locally and that's what I installed php for.

please help!!!

Attachments

• php.txt
    27.7 KB · Views: 20
That is frustrating huh? The php.ini file needs to be in /usr/local/lib for it to work. I believe that you have to create the directory and then just place the fie in it. You need to have register_globals set to on (it is in that php.ini file) so that you can access the globals.

Another idea, since you are going against the default settings, is to change the PHP script to work the new way and request the settings. So for instance, instead of $myVar you would have $HTTP_POST_VARS['myVar'] for form posted variables.

Hope this helps!

Once the php.ini file is in /usr/local/lib what do you do to make the changes take effect?

I tried setting "asp_tags = Off" and then stoping/starting Apache from the Sharing Pref Pane... but that did not seem to disable the parsing/rendering of <% %> tags.

I know I've messed with this before and I have other copies of php.ini in /usr/lib and /usr/lib/php/... Should that matter?

Back