Picture question

Paragon

Interstellar traveler
How do I put a picture directly into a message instead of it being just a link in the message?

Depending on what email program you have will depend on if you can insert the picture. I know that Outlook Express does not allow inserting. I know that Eudora does.
To check, create a new email. Now select attachment. The window you get will allow you to browse your computer to select what you want to attach. When you click on the title of the file you want, look at the bottom of the window. You should have the choices of attach, cancel and insert - if the program allows it.

Depending on what email program you have will depend on if you can insert the picture. I know that Outlook Express does not allow inserting. I know that Eudora does.
To check, create a new email. Now select attachment. The window you get will allow you to browse your computer to select what you want to attach. When you click on the title of the file you want, look at the bottom of the window. You should have the choices of attach, cancel and insert - if the program allows it.

If you want to put a picture in a message on this forum... then you can't. When you attach it to the message and some one clicks on the link, their browser will open a new window to see the picture.

I'm sorry I was not being specific enough. I want to put a picture directly into messages here at this forum.

I'm pretty sure it can be done since I've seen it, for example in the "post your X.2 desktop pictures" thread.

Your talking about my post!:p

Anyway. There is a buton at the top of the composition area named "IMG". Click that and a window will pop up asking for a link to the picture.

The IMG feature will not work in all the forums. If you look at the very bottom of the page in any forum there is a brick that looks like this:

brick.jpg

It will tell you if you can of cannot use IMG code. In the picture above it shows that you can. See?

Back