Pictures not displaying?

htrumbull

Registered
Has anyone here ever had this problem? You can open the camera, but the directory shows empty on a mac, but has the pics on a pc. The pics show up on the pc and you share them on the network and are visible BUT not on the mac, the mac, again, sees the directory but not the pics. I've been able to put the pics on a mem card and be seen by the OS-X 10.2 laptop BUT in no other way!!

This just started happening after a year of perfect operation!

So, I'm taking it that's a big N-O. :)

Someone has to have an idea why pictures files will not show up on a mac but will on the device and a win pc. :)

Might the memory card on the camera have been formatted NTFS? Although even then it could would pick it up but only be read only. What are you using to view the files? iPhoto?

Thank you for the response!

It would be Adobe PS to view the photos IF I could even see them in the folder! Is it possible to format the memory card as NTFS? I thought that all mem cards had a propriatary file sys. IF it is possible to format the card as a non mac compatible fs, how would I go about reformatting the mem card on a mac?

Thanks in advance!

Ok, we tried browsing through only iPhoto andwe can browse to the directory and it is still "empty" on the mac. BUT there are pictures when loaded on the XP machine.

ideas?

Back