"Piles" in 10.3????

Wow that is so true,
i am new to OS X , and i really like the whole look and feel, 1 think i would like a app pull down, so i dont have to open my app folder to find things, or copy them to the desktop.., is there a way i can do that?

"i am new to OS X , and i really like the whole look and feel, 1 think i would like a app pull down, so i dont have to open my app folder to find things, or copy them to the desktop.., is there a way i can do that?"

Just make a new folder, place all your aliases to apps in it, and then drag the folder down to the right side of the dock. Now when you click and hold down (or rightclick or ctrl-click) you get a menu with whats in the folder. Sorry if that's not what you meant.

Also, there are some third party launchers that might be of help. I'm personally using LaunchBar, which opens a bar on a keyboard shortcut (Apple-Esc for me, you can set that to your liking) and then I just type the beginning of the app's name and hit enter. Very, very fast and straightforward. Can also be used for Address Book entries, bookmarks and other stuff. It's not free, but there's a demo - and for everyone who likes keyboarding (I'm a writer) it's very helpful.

you can pull your applications folder down into your dock as well

i like i said earlier, made a shortcut to my hd's put it in a folder, dragged that to the dock and do it that way

Originally posted by Decado
"i am new to OS X , and i really like the whole look and feel, 1 think i would like a app pull down, so i dont have to open my app folder to find things, or copy them to the desktop.., is there a way i can do that?"

Just make a new folder, place all your aliases to apps in it, and then drag the folder down to the right side of the dock. Now when you click and hold down (or rightclick or ctrl-click) you get a menu with whats in the folder. Sorry if that's not what you meant.

Better yet... just drag your app folder to you dock. That's what I did. It never needs updating. It automaticaly shows anything listed within the app folder.

well if this pile thing is like the dock, i.e has the property of Elasticity (o well what should i call it?,, i'm talking about the wierd behavour of the dock, it fits everything anyhow!!), then i think it would rock!

piles.. neat idea, which i will not use for a long time...i don't like too many features in something. I like speed mostly, and everything else should be left alone. But piles is a pretty cool idea...

Back