ping

cleo

Registered
how do i delete ping on my iTunes?... it won't let me add a song to my play list plus i just don't want it i never wanted ping... so how do i get rid of it for good?
i have a Mac OS X Version 10.7.3.... my iTunes is 10... 10.6 (40)...so any help
would be appreciated.... i already had to re buy a few songs because it wouldn't
let me drag them to my new playlist... so i need to turn off Ping.... thank you
Cleo

I haven't updated iTunes to 10.6 yet but, isn't there still an option in iTunes > Preferences > Parental tab to deselect Ping?

There is a button in the far lower right-hand corner of the iTunes window that hides and shows Ping.

There is no way to absolutely remove Ping from iTunes, but simply hiding the Ping sidebar accomplishes the same thing.

Thanks EIDiabloConCaca
ok now i have another problem.... i have made a lot of playlist on my iPod ..but for some
reason this one i just did didn't sync to my iPod from my iTunes. the songs are on my iPod but not the playlist...i'm sure i did something wrong or i didn't do something?...Any help
would be appreciated....i even deleted some playlist to make sure i have enough room on
my iPod.... but like i said the songs are there?.... thanks again... Cleo

Playlists don't take up any space on your iPod (or, actually, negligible amounts of space) -- the music files themselves do. So, for example, you could have 100 songs on your iPod and two playlists, and that would take up the same amount of space as 100 songs with 1,000 playlists (of course, there would be much duplication of songs across playlists in that example).

When you plug your iPod into your computer and launch iTunes, is the iPod set to "Manually manage songs and videos" or do you have your iPod set to automatically sync music and movies and the like?

Dang you did it again....i didn't realize that the new playlist wasn't checked... Thank you
sooo much... i know when you answer my question that it will be answered...Now i can
enjoy my new playlist....Have a great weekend.... Cleo

Back