PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-109 won't burn dvds and cds

nadiauy

Registered
Hi, I looked around but I haven't seen any solution to this problem so I hope I'm not repeating myself. I have a Power Mac G5 Dual 2.7 Ghz with 2.5GB Ram. It came with a Superdrive, PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-109. I was using iDVD and Popcorn to burn dvds. I had no problems. At one point the dvds came out with some glitches, the image got stuck in some parts, and then it didn't burn them anymore. It started spitting them blank eventhough the program went throught the whole process.
Two error messages appeared.
"The recording device reported the media error: Write error.(0X0C,0x00.)" and another window saying
"There was a problem during multiplexing/burning"
I tried different brands of dvds but the problem didn't change. I tried cleaning the superdrive with a cd cleaner. After that it burned 5 minutes out of a 15 min dvd, and it burn the tracks of a cd but not the music in them, you can't hear anything.
I'm running OSX 10.4. I verified disks permitions. I don't know what the problem is and I don't know what to do. If anyone out there knows please help me! Does it mean that my superdrive doesn't work anymore? Because I can still watch dvd movies on it and I can burn data dvds on it.
Can anyone help me? Thank you sooo much,

nadia.

It sounds like a media error. And if you test with various media and they all fail, maybe it's the actual hardware of the drive at fault...

Thank you! It was a media error!!! I don't know how many dvd brands I have tried and finally found a couple that work!!!! It seems that it likes the cheap ones too!!!! The ones that I found that work are Dinamo, Dali and Nashua. I haven't tried with TDK yet but I'm going to. So thank you for your help and for your time and I hope this helps somebody else out there too!! Thank you so much,

nadia.

Back