Playing Warcraft 3 on mac and PC on Lan??>

macmastah

Registered
Hi,

Has anybody attempted to do this and gotten it to work. I couldnt. I have Warcraft 3 Frozen throne on 2 macs, and tides of darkness on a pc, can i get them to play lan?

Thanks

I have tried, but couldnt get it to work, I think i may need frozen throne on both, or just Normal war3 on both. Im trying to install the Tides of Darkness Version on both now.

I've done it. you need to have the very same version on each machine. I did have a few problems and sometimes t wouldn't work, but it often did and went fine.

Yeah, like Mat says.. You have to have them both patched the same. I play my bro while he is on his PC all the time over LAN.. You should not have any problems..

macmastah said:
Hi,

Has anybody attempted to do this and gotten it to work. I couldnt. I have Warcraft 3 Frozen throne on 2 macs, and tides of darkness on a pc, can i get them to play lan?

Thanks

If I'm reading your post correctly, you want to know if you can play a game with 3 computers. 2 computers have Warcraft 3 and the other has Warcraft 2. I'll stop here and tell you now that it won't work. If you want to play War3 all 3 computers need to have War3. Make sure they all have the most up-to-date patches. If you want to play War2, you will need to install War2 on the 2 Macs. Again make sure to be properly patched and updated.

Back