PlayStation Eye Camera and iMac?

alra111

Registered
If I plug in the PlayStation Eye camera (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Eye) into the USB port of our iMac, will I be able to capture audio and video from it? Or does this camera work exclusively with the PlayStation 3?

Also, if I could throw in another question, how do I get Final Cut Express to recognize and use the built-in iSight camera? It claims there is no camera connected.

Thanks,
Alra111

Ahhh! I have the same problem.

iMovie capture from iSight to FCE sound loss?
I recently got a macbook laptop and wanted to start doing vlogs with the built in iSight camera. So, I captured my vlog in iMovie because it is set-up to automatically capture from the iSight. However, I have been using Final Cut for years and have never used iMovie, so I thought I could just take the captured quick time and edit it in Final Cut. It doesn't appear to be so... When I open the quick time capture in Final Cut, the sound is just static.

When I open it on quick time, it has sound. I tried re-saving it as a self-contained movie, and duplicating it, giving it a different name, etc. I even put it on an external hardrive and opened it on a different computer. Everytime, it opens in quick time with normal sound, and in Final Cut with static for sound.

I know the obvious answer is to just give up and edit my vlogs in iMovie, but I don't want to have to learn a whole new program that is extremely limited compared to a program I'm already extremely familiar with and don't understand why it doesn't just work? Why would iMovie and quicktime play the iSight captured footage with normal sound and Final Cut have an issue? I've tried opening other quick time files in both programs and no problems. Right now I am exporting the entire capture from iMovie as a new movie, but even if that file plays in Final Cut, it seems like way too much hassle for what it is worth! HELP!!!

In the future, I'd like to capture straight from the iSight into Final Cut, but Final Cut won't recognize it as a camera, so if anyone knows how to make it recognize the built in camera, as opposed to one I've just attached by firewire, please let me know, that could solve all my issues in the future, if not for this initial capture. I realize I could also just always set up my video camera too, but the whole objective here is to make things easy in the future, least amount of steps possible. I will never do vlogs if I have to set-up my whole video camera every time.

One more thing, if I do have to continue to use iMovie to capture, and somehow I get this mysterious issue worked out, how to I change the capture location in iMovie? I'd like it to capture the footage straight to my external, but can't seem to find it in the settings for iMovie. Is it not there, or am I just an idiot and missed it?

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I found out that final cut won't recognize the iSight, but it doesn't really matter, because the latest version of quick time pro will record video via the iSight, and then you can just drag and drop the video into your editing window for FC.

Back