please can somebody help

jamie malone

Registered
hello kind people.i have a huge problem.my g4 ibook laptop starts up fine,the fan makes its breezy sound and the keys chirp as they always did,but there is no sign of life within the screen.we were on google when the problem occured,the screen froze,then we were forced to turn the laptop off,then upon restarting it,the screen produced the apple sign on a bright screen as normal,then it began showing lines horizontally and flickering,i then restarted it after five minutes,the same apple sign was visible,then the lines across the screen from top to bottom as before,but then upon restarting it the third time,the screen is completely dead.only an audible pulse(the caps lock and number caps lock light up,i type in my pass word on the main screen from memory and i can hear the volume keys moving up and down upon me using them,but that is all.i am thinking the screen has given up,but what a strange set of circumstances it would have given up in,i would have thought if a screen was tro give up it would be very sudden,and without a frozen screen.anyway,i appreciate your help on the matter :) i am an illustrator(at the beginning of this career)and i have always been traditional in the way i work,mainly pen and ink,recently i was asked to learn the programme illustrator and i had just began when this terrible affliction transpired.howllllll.i need my laptop back.i got the computer second hand ,the warrenty is no more.anyway,enough of my rambling.thankyou for your help.jamie

That's bad luck Jamie. Because it's a 2-hand computer, your guess about the screen may be correct, or it may be a faulty video card. Because the screen has no display, you can't run a hardware test from the original installation disks, assuming you have them. It looks like a trip to the Apple repair shop.

Back