please clarify = mic issue...

kafene

Registered
Did a search and noticed that Mic issues are not rare w/ OS X. I was using a G4 450 w/ an Apple mic w/ no problems running OS X. I just got another machine which is a G4 mirrored Dual 1.25 running OS X. I don't see the normal Mic plug in the back. Is this because I can't use the Apple mic from before and only USB mics are used now? I'd look in my instructions, BUT I DIDN'T GET MY BOX YET.. ARRG.

Looking in the back, I see what seems to be a fibre/optical audio plug?, a speaker plug, and one other plug which I can't recognize at all (which is where I plugged in my Mic w/ no success).

kafene.

BTW, I just tried out the iChat AV w/ a camera yesterday w/ a friend of mine and it was pretty cool. Seems more like a novelty at the moment than something truly functional because of the sound quality, but I can't really know because we were both using the mics on the camera since neither could get our old Apple mics to work! LOL. Anyone else tried using iChat w/ sound? How good was the sound quality?

My friend and I have used iChat with the internal microphones on our PowerBooks, and, to me, sound quality is pretty good. The best I've heard over the internet. it's about the same as the average cell-phone, to me.

Back