please help, I have a blank screen

claird

Registered
Hello everybody (first post) Ok, this is the situation. I just finished running Disk Warrior. Everything went fine. After I restarted at the end of Disk Warrior, my screen would not turn on. It is competly blank. It's black as if it is not turned on. I can hear the CPU running, but nothing comes on the screen. I desperately need help here.

Thanks!
Josh

Oh, my OS is 10.3.9. I have a B&W G3 with a Powerlogix processor upgrade card.

'... my' G3 B&W 'would not turn ON. It is competly blank. It's black as if it is not turned on. I can hear the CPU running, but nothing comes on the screen. I desperately need help here.' - I doubt very much that the CPU is self oscillating - and therefore producing an audible sound. It is more likely that a fan or fans is / are being heard.

With respect to repairing the G3 B&W's MacOS X 10.3.9 hard disk drive, hdd - there was no mention as to why 'Disk Warrior' was used in the first place; considering, it is used for hdd directory structure repairing and not routine or preventative means.

Assuming that the display actually works (for example - with another computer, and / or its video cable is properly connected, as well as, the AC power cord), are you able to insert and boot from the Panther installation CD - with a result of a viewable screen?, if so - 'Disk Warrior' (may have) damaged the G3's boot drive's directory tree, etc. Use 'Disk Utility' of the Panther installation CD to 'Repair Disk' and 'Repair Disk Permissions' of the G3's hdd, then attempt to boot from the G3's hdd.

I was running disk warrior as routine maintenance. When I insert the OS installation CD restart, and hold down the C key, nothing happens. What should I try next?

When I push this one button on the monitor, it says:

1. Analog Input
In Power Save Mode
Press any key on keyboard or move mouse.

Obviously, that does nothing.

Boot the G3 with your MacOS X Installation CD inserted and the <option> key pressed. When permitted, select the Installation Disc’s icon and then the '-->' button.

'The' unknown manufacturer and model number 'monitor's power button is orange and it is supposed to be green.' - I assume you mean the Power switch'es LED (Light Emitting Diode) is orange (indicating that the monitor is powered, but with no video applied) and not green (indicating that the monitor is powered, and with video signal applied).

Back