Please help, Mac is stuck at a "need to restart Computer Message"

leefieber

Registered
I have a Mac OS X and i was trying to fix it because it kept on getting errors about this thing called CarbonLib, i couldnt download the newest versoin of OS X because it wouldnt even let Stuffit Expander work! So i tired putting in that restore CD. I followed all the steps for estoration, and now after i restarted the computer it stays at the Restart message. it says "you need to restart your computer.l, press the restart button or hold the power button for serveral seconds". I cant eject the disc inside either and the spinning circle thing isnt spinning it freezes at the same place every time.

Try resetting your p-ram. Rebot holding down Apple+Opt+P+R and keep it held down until it chimes for the second time (after the initial startup chime, it'll hang with apparently no activity for a few moments, then chime again). Let it do that a couple of times.

Failing that, I (and Apple Support) would suggest removing any RAM that didn't come with your Mac. OS X is very sensitive to memory problems, and often kernel panics when the memory is going bad. Try removing any of your third party ram and booting again.

Be sure to post back to let us know if it works, otherwise we can suggest other courses of action.

I am having the same problem. I turned on the computer this morning and the "need to restart your computer" message appeared and I cannot boot up without the message appearing. I used the restore disk to run the disk utility and all hardware passed the test. I also scanned the hard disk for errors and there weren't any. Yesterday before I shut down the computer I was trying to connect the Internet using USB as an ethernet connection but OS X didn't recognize the peripheral modem that our internet provider gave us. We disconnected the device and shut down, then the problems started. Help!

Back