Please Help! Project Builder quits!

theed: Thanks for putting it up, but I doubt that will help, because I'm using the exact same package to install the Developer tools when it worked, so it's a problem with the installer.

Consequently, I did find a solution that worked for me. I downloaded Pacifist from www.versiontracker.com/macosx , and after installing the developers tools that didn't work, I opened the package "DevTools.pkg" that's inside the "Packages" folder on the December 2001 Developer tools install disk image. Then I had Pacifist install all of the files in there (just press Command-A to select all and Command-S to install them all to their default location). Now Project Builder launches for me. Hopefully it still will after I apply these two developer tools updates. :)

I hope people have the same success with this solution as I have had with it.

Pacifist brought relief here as well.

Thank you very much, simX, theed, and all the others!

cheers,
ShMac

Seems you learn something new every day. I may well be an i tech support position here shortly, (God willing, I need a job) and this is yet another solution to have handy in my bag of tricks. Thanks guys, for posting a solution to problem After you found it. That's what makes these boards really useful.

I love you guys. :)

Guys, try to open the console (applications/utilities/console.app) and see the output that PB prints out. For me (I have the same problem with launching) it says that a directory is missing. What's to be done? Anyone?

MH

Not to be paranoid or anything, but I mentioned the solution 7 posts up. It was to use Pacifist to extract the directory. While mine extracts the whole package anyway, it doesn't take long, so both are essentially the same solution.

Back