*please help* screwed up colors

nichupte

Registered
hey guys, i have have no idea how exactly, but somehow the colors of my imac g5 display are all crazy and messed up. i tried creating another account, and sure enough the colors on the other user were perfectly normal. what should i do?

thanks a lot.

a picture:

Do the Finder windows and menubar look black on the original account? If so, then under the original account that's having the problem you need to head to System Utilities-->Universal Access and click on the "Seeing" tab. There, change the setting from White on Black to Black on White (or you can hit Command-Option-Shift-8). That should reset your colors if this is the problem you're having.

I am trying to figure out what colors are messed up. The picture you posted looks almost normal stock. If nixgeek's suggestion of 'black on white' isn't the problem, then how do you see the colors messed up? Is the color in online pictures to dark or light or is it something else?

Madelin, I think you've nailed the problem. I couldn't figure it out but once you mentioned that I noticed that nichupte does have it on Graphite (the buttons are all silver instead of the "traffic light" colors).

Nichupte, follow Madelin's directions and change the selection from Graphite to Aqua in the Appearance pane in System Preferences.

From the looks of it, Grab is the active app. This is why the buttons are silver. To be honest, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong here. Seems like a wild goose chase to me. :confused:

i went into appearance, and it was already on bluw. i tried toggling between blue and graphite, and graphite just made it look black and white.
its weird that someone said the colors in the picture look almost stock, everything is inverted to me, and has an orange tint. i think i must be seeing the same mage, just in different colors than you guys.

what THE HELL is wrong here?

thanks for the help so far, guys.

Sounds like Grab is capturing the image normally, but somewhere in translation it's getting really screwy. It could be a bad monitor, an unstable connection to the graphics card, or most likely a faulty graphics card. You should run a hardware check using the CD that came with your iMac.

Sounds like Grab is capturing the image normally, but somewhere in translation it's getting really screwy. It could be a bad monitor, an unstable connection to the graphics card, or most likely a faulty graphics card. You should run a hardware check using the CD that came with your iMac.

i would think it was a problem with the monior, but on the other accounts, the colors look fine. Also, when i sign in, it looks fine for a second, and then flashes to this weird color setup.

: (

hey man, i had the same problem, twice.

your colors look inverted right?

restart the computer and hold the apple + option p + r keys.
it will reset your pram, which holds your preferences for screen display. dont worry it will have no impact on your computer.

i called apple care and thats what they told me to do.

see here for more info:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=2238

and

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61548

ps. the pic you posted, is a normal pic of a mac screen. i saw it when my screen was messed up and i was like YES! thats my prob. then i fixed it and went back to this site and saw that ur pic was a normal pic. it prob copied the right color values into the pic so it shows up well on normal comps but to you and me it showed it screwy.

god bless.

Back