Please, please help me.

unlearnthetruth

Recycle Me!
This is starting to get silly. So remember I was whining about how the mitsubishi monitor would twitch and what not. I replaced it. I got a brand new, never touched, Apple Studio Display 17 CRT. THIS ONE'S DOING IT TOO! Obviously the problem isn't the monitor... but I have no idea what it could be. I was trying to catch it on video but due to the refresh and all that's kinda hard. Anyway what happens is the left side of the screen just shakes violently. Seems to happen at all resolutions, though I just dropped the refresh rate to 60 hz and it stopped. It also doesn't happen all the time. Kinda random. Any ideas? This is really getting frustrating, and I'm really running out of money here....

Video card is going bad.

Did you make sure your cables are in snug? Do you have a florescent light near by, or a fan, or a stereo speaker? All of these will cause that flickering.

Video card is a relatively new (summer) radeon 8500... i certainly hope it's not going bad. speakers are somewhat close, but not very, and shutting them off doesn't remedy the problem :-/

no tv. nothing. turned off every electrical appliance in this room - still happens. Getting my mom to mail me my old Rage128 to see if that solves the problem.

even if the speakers are off they could cause interference...also refresh rates shouldn't matter on lcds since they really don't have a refresh rate. Hmm...It could be the video card. I'd also move the monitor, somewhere totally different, there could be a powerline in the wall causing the interference =/

Originally posted by Total Konfuzion
even if the speakers are off they could cause interference...also refresh rates shouldn't matter on lcds since they really don't have a refresh rate. Hmm...It could be the video card. I'd also move the monitor, somewhere totally different, there could be a powerline in the wall causing the interference =/

it's not an LCD ;) I thought maybe the wall line was causing interference, so I moved it and plugged it in different places. No change. *sigh*

HOLY [expletive deleted]. it WAS the wall circuitry... I rearranged my room, now my desk is against an outside wall, presumably with no wires running through it, and it seems to be working well for now, knock on wood. If it continues to work well, I will be very impressed. woohoo for now!

Back