Please Read Before Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdnky

[Bobs/Prog/Design:~] mod%
Staff member
Mod
Lately there has been a lot of miss-placed posts here...so in an effort to correct the problem, here's a basic list of what to post or not post in this forum:

What NOT to post @ Programming & Web Scripting...
  • Questions related to the actual design of web pages (HTML, CSS, images, etc.). Those questions belong in the Design & Media forum.
  • Questions about connecting to the internet, networking, and problems with web browsers. The first two belong in Networking & Compatibility, the last in System & Software.

What should be posted @ Programming & Web Scripting...
  • Questions about web scripting (PHP, JavaScript, ASP, CGI, etc.) and their associated applications and uses.
  • Questions about any local programming language/script (Objective C, C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, JavaScript, Basic, AppleScript, etc.) and their associated applications.
  • Questions relating to databases (MySQL, Oracle, SQL, PostgreSQL, Interbase, Sybase, DB2, etc.) and their associated applications.

Note: This is a work in progress. I've tried to place examples of what I've seen recently in here, but I can't remember it all. If you've noticed something that I've missed, PM me and let me know. ~ Thanks, MD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back