Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rolleyes:

I don't want to start some Hitler Youth thing here, but could those responsible/mature members of the board please use the "report post" option when you see something blatantly offensive/racist/etc...? It's really tiring going through all these posts everyday to clean up someone's post in which they find it necessary to use unacceptable language (for a professional board which children visit) in every other sentence. I mean, really. I have a job that takes up about 13 hours of my day and, while I love this board, it is getting a tad old having to clean up your messes... I'm sure we wouldn't want ADMIN to get in trouble for some slanderous/racist/terrorist/sexist/whatever remarks made on his/our board, now would we?

I'm not sure how other moderators feel about this, but I am guessing that they might appreciate it too.

I don't want you to think this is some MAJOR issue. But I have noticed a marked climb in certain types of behaviour/posting. Basically, most of you are just great. Keep on Keepin' on. If you feel you're walking the line, think about what you type and the audience to whom you are typing it, please. Black hats, you know who you are. And, so does ADMIN.

We all know that we can say just about anything we want here.

I have never deleted a post (even for profanity - I just cleaned it up with *s or whatever). I would never delete a post because I disagree with it. You all know me and know that is the case.

If you want to cuss and rave, we have a forum for that.

This is one of the most open and accepting boards I've come across. That's why I stay (well, that and the fact that I can't wait to see what dear old Herve types next...). We even get away with quite a bit in the Rumours section. No Apple hounds on us yet and we've had some threads there that Apple would have had closed elsewhere.

I also think that I and others (mostly others more braniac than I) help a great number of people here. Let's not ruin that either.

You're welcome to comment, but let's not make this into a flame war. IM me if you want.

I almost clicked on 'Report this post to the moderator', just to be funny. But it might not have been taken as funny. So I'm writing this post instead. :) Which is not as funny. *sigh* I only get so many funny units allocated to me in a day, and I think I've run out today...

Honestly, I didn't notice the link until you pointed it out.

I don't understand why it is so difficult to comply. This is a public board, anyone could be reading it. What's wrong with censoring yourself? Even when I am upset about things I can still speak in a civil manner.

Originally posted by nkuvu
Even when I am upset about things I can still speak in a civil manner.
Yeah! Especially when we are TYPING our posts! C'mon people! You type a post to the boards, how hard is it to check yourself? it's not like speaking where you say something you didn't want to say, but it's too late. Edit your posts before you post them.
~Ryan

nkuvu:

I DO have a sense of humour! Yes, I would have taken it as funny had you reported my own post! Jeez, I'm not some zealot out to censor you guys or some fanatic trying to impose my life rules on others.

I think you guys get it. I just wanted to reduce it to a "sticky" for those new to the boards or the few that feel it necessary to insult/slander/bait others.

Now back to my issue of Maxim...

So please keep it clean until I finish this month's issue (in which BOSTON, my town, is declared the best city in the world!)

I'm not saying you don't have a sense of humor. I just am not familiar enough with your sense of humor to know if what I find funny you will find funny.

I'd rather post a dull message than be hated by a moderator...

:)

wasn't criticizing you nkuvu. just my sarcastic self. Stick around. you'll like this place. tell your friends. We really do have fun and help fellow Mac users in the process...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back