PM8500 w/PowerLogix G3/300?

watsonta

Registered
Anybody tried loading OS X on a machine with a PowerLogix G3 upgrade card? Also, will it work with the built-in PM8500 video, or do I have to buy an ATI card?

On http://www.powerlogix.com , they say that they have tested Mac OS X PB on a PowerMac with a G3 upgrade. But since they not yet have a driver (what will be avilable at the final relase of OS X), the backside cache will not work, and the system will work slower.

I'm running a 7500 with a powerlogix G3 upgrade. It works fine, except the cache didn't work. There is a patch though, on the internet that enables it. It works well.

Originally posted by ksv
Where can I find that patch?

Thanks everybody for the replies. I tried installing OS X, but I got a kernel panic as I booted from the CD. My system is now:
PM8500/180 upgraded to 300Mhz PowerLogix G3
128MB RAM
ATI Rage 128 video card w/16MB
USB/FireWire combo card
100baseT Asante card

Any suggestions?

I have no idea. You can try to contact the Powerlogix team, or Apple Computer.

Originally posted by watsonta
Originally posted by ksv
Where can I find that patch?

Thanks everybody for the replies. I tried installing OS X, but I got a kernel panic as I booted from the CD. My system is now:
PM8500/180 upgraded to 300Mhz PowerLogix G3
128MB RAM
ATI Rage 128 video card w/16MB
USB/FireWire combo card
100baseT Asante card

Any suggestions?
The 8500 won't work with the ATI card. If you remove the card and use your built in video it should work fine. If anyone has been able to run OS X with the ATI Rage Orion card with a 8500 or 7500 or found a patch to let it work please reply.

Back