Pocket PC Mobile/Activesync/G5/VirtualPC-XP

andysills

Registered
Once upon a time (i dont think its a dream) i successfully synced my Samsung i730 mobile phone/pocket pc/2003 with my G5/os10.3.8 using Activesync 3,8 running Virtual PC 7.x thru the i730cradle/usb/G5. Now its not happening. Verizon and Samsung offer no help. Good luck getting MicroSoft to support anything they make (ie. Activesync, Virtual PC, Pocket PC). I do have everything installed (and reinstalled) properly. The Activesync program running on VPC/XP on the G5 acknowledges the usb connection but says "not connected". Usb is checked in settings and visible in device mgr.....the connection scan says that the usb is available but i can not get it to connect? Though in the good old days, i synced flawlessly, exchanged files, photos, programs no sweat. I have tried the same on my other Mac/ mini....same drill? I would scrap Activesync and try PocketMac or MissingSync but if you check out the user feed back, its sounds scary, problematic, eratic and unstable at best.
So, having been there.....in the saddle with the aformentioned...i want to try to find my way home again!?

Hmmm any tips/tricks/chants or magic potions?
andy...

Problem sounds so familiar. I have had no success w/ Pocket Mac. But, missing sync has solved my problems with a HP ipaq (pocket pc). I suggest downloading the trial version and see if it helps. http://www.markspace.com/
Good luck--very problematic subject.
Byron

thank you for your help. i was hoping someone has had luck w/the combo of activesync/xp/virtualpc/pocketpc programs. for a while it worked for me but not now. if i cant get that going i will try missing sync.
regards, andy

I use PocketMac with my iPaq 6325 and have not had problems - you MUST remember to turn OFF the password protection on the phone/pda "before" you connect - everytime I hear a complaint on PocketMac - the problem relates to the user "forgetting" to dissable the password...

My only complaint is how slow the sync is, I have purchased a "multi-card" reader (no name $12.00 - 5 size - USB) and love it - copy podcasts to the 1 gig SD card and listen/watch on the road (much faster to copy than using the "link programs"). I find that the mail sync's great via .Mac, I update the phonebook once a week, and the Calendar when I need to via PocketMac...

One advantage I have with the iPaq is I use the wireless at home every morning to update AvantGo and just email notes and files from the day...

Back