PocketMac vs Missing Sync PocketPC

zorro2b

Registered
Can anyone provide an opinion on these packages for PocketPC sync?

I am trialling PocketMac right now but it does some weird things e.g. I can't connect to my wireless network when its running!

Missing Sync doesn't have a trial version, given my experience with PocketMac I'm wary of paying for what I can't try.

I don't know if there is a difference between the PocketPC or Palm versions of MissingSync, but I've been using it with a Palm device and it syncs flawlessly, I can sync and surf via bluetooth too with no problems. Works fine and was definately worth the money...

..but the device I bought was crud, I'm getting a refund tomorrow and Mark/Space have graciously agreed to transfer my purchase to the PocketPC version, I guess I'll be in a better position to judge the differences in a couple of weeks.

It seems like theres bad reviews for both. PocketMac looks to have more features. I just bought a PPC-6600 and I've been using my PC to sync for now. I really can't decide, especially since neither offer demos. (PocketMac's asks for a serial wtf ?? ) I would suggest you hold off until Tiger comes out. It's really pathetic iSync doesn't support more devices :(. I really hate to have to shell out 40 bucks to sync my Phone.

padishahemperor said:
I don't know if there is a difference between the PocketPC or Palm versions of MissingSync, but I've been using it with a Palm device and it syncs flawlessly, I can sync and surf via bluetooth too with no problems. Works fine and was definately worth the money...

..but the device I bought was crud, I'm getting a refund tomorrow and Mark/Space have graciously agreed to transfer my purchase to the PocketPC version, I guess I'll be in a better position to judge the differences in a couple of weeks.

UPDATE
I've switched from a Zodiac to an Acer n30 Pocket PC, Mark/Space transferred my licence as agreed and I'm fairly happy. There are some niggles but Mark/Space say it's not their problem. i.e. If I have my week in iCal set to start on Saturday, appointments randomly sync to the following day. Also I'm not able to open Word/Excel files from the PocketPC in AppleWorks or vice-versa. Bluetooth internet was a bit confusing to set up but works now, albeit slowly.

Overall, not bad but the real problem with using PocketPC's with Macs is the fact that 90% of the software I've downloaded is in .exe form and MissingSync can only install .cab files. Using VirtualPC is a work around, but not a perfect solution.

Back