Podcasting

ericleins

Registered
I am new to podcasting and need help figuring out some basic technical aspects to this broadcast medium.

I have used an application like GarageBand or Audacity to record a podcast, but I have no website. So, I want to place it on a podcast aggregator like iTunes. How can I accomplish this?

Also, can you recommend any other podcast aggregators besides iTunes?

Thank you,
Eric Leins

webspace depends on what you are looking to accomplish in the end. if you are looking to just host a podcast, you can type free podcast hosting into google, or I'm sure some people around here know of some specific sites or services that stand out above the rest. If you are looking to put up a website, I would recommend purchasing a .com, you can get them cheap at godaddy or any other domain registrar, about $9 a year. Then get a webhost, something cheap like networkredux that doesnt require a yearly contract, and host your website and podcast files there. This way if you get bigger, and want to keep your rss feeds the same (you will when that time comes, trust me), you can upgrade your webhosting package or move to another web host without loosing the feed, just move your domain name and keep all your files in the same spots on the new host.

Think ahead, if you switch hosts with a free host, your rss feed address changes, so it may be worth the initial $20 investment in a domain name and hosting to keep listeners.

Back