Podcasts Are On!!!

I got iTunes 4.9 now... No Podcasts in the list... If I say "Update", it takes me to the iTunes Store... :confused:

HomunQlus - your podcast list wont have podcasts within it until you actually subscribe to the casts...

either click on the 'podcast directory' at the bottom of the podcasts window
or
go directly through the music store homepage by choosing 'podcasts' from the 'choose genres' drop down menu.

in addition - just been using the podcast pages and theres a alot of time outs and store errors... probably just super busy as its only just come out.

also - i subscribed to the 'inside mac radio' cast and whenever i try to play it i get told my computer is not authorised... the only way i'm able to listen to it is via the store.

Alright... didn't know that... thanks!

/// EDIT ///

On apple.com, there's still iTunes 4.8 the featured download

there needs to be a way of bookmarking podcasts - so if you cant listen to the entire thing in one go you can at least tell it where to pick up from when you come back to it.

btw - the uk site is always behind with site updates - it is annoying, you'd think that apple could co-ordinate the updating of pages on a global scale... whenever there are big announcements the only place to go is the US apple site - and be sure that by tomorrow the UK site will be up to speed!!

I keep being told that there are no updates available for my computer. I thought at first that they were rolling it out to different countries gradually like Microsoft does, but then I noticed that several UK people said they had it.

parb.johal@ante said:
there needs to be a way of bookmarking podcasts - so if you cant listen to the entire thing in one go you can at least tell it where to pick up from when you come back to it.

btw - the uk site is always behind with site updates - it is annoying, you'd think that apple could co-ordinate the updating of pages on a global scale... whenever there are big announcements the only place to go is the US apple site - and be sure that by tomorrow the UK site will be up to speed!!

I downloaded the update via Software Update at 9.30am here in the UK.
Thats not behind, thats in front

garymum4d - i meant the site updates where the pages change, i.e. - where the hompage etc will change to reflect new things.

i worte - '...btw - the uk site is always behind with site updates...'

the software updates are downloaded from the same place the world over - but the local sites (the uk one in this case) is always behind. even now - tues 28th at 5pm the uk site shows old ipods, itunes 4.8 and the homepage is still featuring dashboard. although the store has been updated after being taken offline for a while.

parb.johal@ante said:
garymum4d - i meant the site updates where the pages change, i.e. - where the hompage etc will change to reflect new things.

i worte - '...btw - the uk site is always behind with site updates...'

the software updates are downloaded from the same place the world over - but the local sites (the uk one in this case) is always behind. even now - tues 28th at 5pm the uk site shows old ipods, itunes 4.8 and the homepage is still featuring dashboard. although the store has been updated after being taken offline for a while.
I stand corrected!!

The iPod Updates are only useful for 4G iPods and newer. My 2G is passed over on the Podcast features. I can listen to them, but not in the same way as newer models (from the "Music" menu).

Apple has done this before in terms of features for my older iPod. I do plan on updating when my 10GB fills up, but I don't think it would be that hard to make an update including the new Podcast menu item.

Back