When should abortion be allowed

• Never - it is inpermissable

• Only to prevent the death/serious injuryof the mother

• If poth parents agree

• At the discretion of the woman only

Results are only viewable after voting.

bighairydog

tail-wagging member
OK, due to the discussion in the above mentioned thread, I think it's time to get people's opinion. For those who don't know about it, it's about abortion, and is here.

The thread is going strong, so people wanting to discuss the issue should post there, not here. Here is just for the vote.

Bernie :eek:)

it takes 2 to make a bady :p
(yes the man might have a 1 minute role in the whole deal but it still takes 2 :p)

therefore it should take 2 to decide on the abortion. (ultimatelly the woman will carry the baby for 9 months so her vote would weight slightly more :p)

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
therefore it should take 2 to decide on the abortion. (ultimatelly the woman will carry the baby for 9 months so her vote would weight slightly more :p)
That's the proplem - there are only two people. If there were three then there could be a majority opinion, but as there are only two, then one person must have the casting vote. As you point out this peson is the woman.

The man's opinion matters of course, but when it comes to deciding the final action, the woman must have the final say. Might seem unfair to some, but it would be even more unfair if the man got final say. There is no such thing as 'some say' in this matter, precisely because there are only two people.

just thought i would bump and grind this post back up in the forum where folks will see it.:D

Originally posted by bighairydog
The man's opinion matters of course, but when it comes to deciding the final action, the woman must have the final say. Might seem unfair to some, but it would be even more unfair if the man got final say. There is no such thing as 'some say' in this matter, precisely because there are only two people.

Little off topic, but in my home (on issues that do not involve either of our own health... usually) we each have three possible votes: yes, no, and veto. A yes-yes means we do what ever we where talking about, a yes-no means that it is up to the person with the yes vote, and anything with a veto mean that we do not do it.

In regular health issues, the other partner (without the health issue) has a weighted position. I think this developed from the fact that I don't like going to see doctors :D .

Lets keep pushing this thread up to the top. ;)

Back