Poll: What's the best E-Mail client?

What's the best E-Mail client application for Mac OS X?

• Microsoft Entourage

• Eudora

• Apple Mail

• Netscape

• Mozilla

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have a hard time hating MS when the MacBU actually puts out some decent software - they are actually at the point where the features I like outweigh the ten others that I don't use or irritate me.

I like having a decent contact manager (you cant PRINT from addressbook!) with my email, and when I check my email it reminds me of things to do!
(I remember to check email, but not to check what I should be doing today so it's nice that it reminds me).

I DO like mail.app but it doesn't have the bells and whistles I've come to rely on - and Addressbook.app sucks!

handles Mail much better than Apple's solution. The rules actually work in Entourage, whereas for me in Mail, they would work about 50% of the time.

Also, I like having the Calendar and scheduling features.

And finally, I use Entourage because even though it's not here yet, Entourage will have a Palm conduit for it by late May, where Mail/Address book does not have any means of synching this information with a handheld (at least not yet).

I still use Mail on my laptop, since it's very easy to set it up to check your Mac.com account.

Eudora6 is the best. scriptable great filters fast accurate detailed searching customizable via a HUGE list of " See: http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/index.phpx-eudora-settings"

Eudora6 is the best. scriptable great filters fast accurate detailed searching customizable via a HUGE list of " x-eudora-settings" See: http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/index.phpx-eudora-settings"

I use Thunderbird on my PC and Mail on my Mac, and i prefer Mail, but thunderbird is way better than Outlook and Entourage

i have a hotmail account. so i use hotmail. i've tried using Mail with it, but it's just slightly undersupported, with it being a haxie to get it to work. at some point i want a proper pop3 mail address. i'm assuming you all have pop3 accounts...?

Eudora, Mail and others work seamlessly with Gmail, so I'd say ditch the hotmail account - get a Gmail account. PM me or post your hotmail addy for an invitation.

Since I like ONE application to handle my mail, appointments, contacts, tasks, etc AND I want easy sync to a palm - I prefer Microsucks Entourage. I hate supporting heathens, BUT, it works very well and after a year of use I have had ZERO problems with it.

Back