Poll: When I hear "terminal" I think:

When I hear "terminal" I think:

• WOOHOO!! Finally the wholesome goodness of Mac OS with a crispy UNIX crunch! grep! awk! sed! find! c

• I am intrigued by this... how do you say? terminal? But I am wary, for UNIX is subtle and quick to a

• whatever

• It's all right I guess, If it keeps the geek-set happy. As long as I don't need to go anywhere near

• Bitchery and damnation!!! What the hell is this, 1983?!?!? Get that DOS crap the hell outta my face.

Results are only viewable after voting.

alexrd

Defender of the Realm
I admit it, I've loved UNIX almost as long as I've loved Mac OS. I'm solidly in the first option. In fact, let me just restate for the record:WOOHOO!!

...but. I can understand how some mac users might find the BSD subsystem less than lovable. Just wondering how John and Jane Macuser (or at least John and Jane Macosx.com) feel about having a UNIX shell in their Mac OS.

-alex.

Finally I can do some serious server-side web development on my favorite platform! I installed WebLogic (the Solaris version) on my iBook, and it's running well. Hopefully company will start releasing containers and servers for OS X. J2EE would be nice too...

OS X rules!

-B

From WordNet (r) 1.6:
terminal
adj 1: being or situated at an end; "the endmost pillar"; "terminal
buds on a branch"; "a terminal station"; "the terminal
syllable" [syn: {endmost}]

Back