pop, imap q...

wnowak1

Registered
I have os x tiger server and i'm stuck in setting up the mail server to my liking.

I have successfully setup pop and imap servers. What I am having an issue with is when pop or imap is enabled, I am unable to read messages with "mail" or "pine". I've tried to change the default mail store location to /var/mail, but that doesn't work.

The only way I can get "mail" or "pine" to read incoming messages is if I disable both POP and IMAP and check "Deliver to "/var/mail" when POP & IMAP are disabled".

Is there a way to keep POP and/or IMAP and still be able to have mail and/or pine pick up the messages?

wnowak1 said:
I have os x tiger server and i'm stuck in setting up the mail server to my liking.

I have successfully setup pop and imap servers. What I am having an issue with is when pop or imap is enabled, I am unable to read messages with "mail" or "pine". I've tried to change the default mail store location to /var/mail, but that doesn't work.

The only way I can get "mail" or "pine" to read incoming messages is if I disable both POP and IMAP and check "Deliver to "/var/mail" when POP & IMAP are disabled".

Is there a way to keep POP and/or IMAP and still be able to have mail and/or pine pick up the messages?

Have you checked you logs for errors ?

Also check the configuration files for errors. Below you find the names for the configuration files.

Your URL setup:
“/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py”

Your file location setup:
“/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py”
“/private/etc/httpd/httpd_mailman.conf”

Hostname setup:
“/private/etc/hostconfig”

Configuration for IMAP:
“/private/etc/imapd.conf”

Configuration for CYRUS:
“/private/etc/cyrus.conf”

Location for MAIL data:
(normal) “/var/spool/imap”
(moved) “/volumes/MailServer-MAIL/var/spool/imap”
(i moved the files to a different drive, this is part of my record)

Location for CYRUS databases:
(normal) “/var/imap”
(moved) “/volumes/MailServer-MAIL/var/imap”
(i moved the files to a different drive, this is part of my record)

Otherwise a reinstallation might solve your problems. Also check the ACCESS for the var/imap contents.

Good luck, Kees

Back