Popups

kanecorp

Registered
Hey
Has anyone noticed that sites have been getting past the Safari popup blocker?
I'm getting more and more everday.
Very upsetting.

Actually i just have noticed that myself, my old sims site (yes i know it was a sad part of my life lol jokes :p) www.amodernsim.2ya.com the pop ups now come up and i have the pop up blocker on ! someone should tell apple about this

Safari isn't the only one. I've had this happen on Firefox on my Linux machines. Apparently these guys are getting good at bypassing the pop-up blockers built into the browsers. I had read something about this a while back, but only recently (in the last month or so) have I noticed it actually happening.

Damn! I haven't seen any yet, but...Just out of curiosity, could someone explain how they do it, but be vague enough as to not give it away to potential ad-meisters?

In Camino etc you can actually irable mroe specific parts of java .. so many of these types of popups open with javascript. Disabling java to allow opening new windows should do it.
(It realkly annoys me when sites open new windows in different sizes thn I want to, and hide addressbars etc. So i don;t allow that either).

Back