Post your desktop!

joeth

The Mac Duck
This is the post where you can attach your desktop with customized icons, Dock posistion, themes.... anything...... and if possible show where you got the desktop pattern/theme.........

OS 9 ??? who still uses OS 9? I like the desktop pattern.

Attachments

• dp_nummi_0s9.jpg
    dp_nummi_0s9.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,312
In memory of the late lamented AudioGalaxy, here's a desktop screenshot of mine from a few months ago. DT picture from Macdesktops.com.

Originally posted by genghiscohen
In memory of the late lamented AudioGalaxy, here's a desktop screenshot of mine from a few months ago. DT picture from Macdesktops.com.

What is that CPU monitor menu extra?

Attachments

• mmx desk.jpg
    mmx desk.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,057
I've noticed something, look at the attach

You can see a "broken" dock on the right. When you magnify at a maximum level and then take a screenshot, the magnify-effect will be broken or disappear in the screenshot you just have taken....... Stupid.

Attachments

• beuh.jpg
    beuh.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 899
I think it´s fun to see others desktop....by the way heres mine:

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 740
Originally posted by Inline_guy
Mr Mac X

How did you get all your icons in shades of grey/ silver....

Just wondering. I think it is rather neat looking.

For the cocoa apps, right click and select Show Package Contents and then open up the .incs(in the Resources folder in the contents folder) file with Iconographer or the like and change the color depth to 256 greys. Or (for carbon or cocoa apps) you can just drag the app onto Iconographer. I only did that for the apps I keep in the dock though, because it's such a pain:D

If you're cheap, you can open up the Classic Monitors Control panel and set the color depth to 256 Grey, but that affects everything and then column view becomes black:confused:

Oh, by the way, the Dock Finder icon isn't based off the Finder application icon. You have to open /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Resources/HIToolbox.rsrc in Iconographer.

{edit due to lack of clairity}

here's mine... i like NOTHING on the desktop... so i have the files set to not show up unless i tell it to...

but if i were to take it off, pretty much half of the screen would have icons on it...

Attachments

• sc_01.jpg
    sc_01.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 860
Originally posted by BlingBling 3k12
here's mine... i like NOTHING on the desktop... so i have the files set to not show up unless i tell it to...

but if i were to take it off, pretty much half of the screen would have icons on it...

OH DEAR GOD!!! MY EYES!!! IM BLIND!!!! THE HORROR! THE HORROR!!! :p :D
LOL

:)

Originally posted by mr_mac_x

What is that CPU monitor menu extra?
That's actually NetMonitor showing network activity. If there was outgoing traffic, it would show up in red at the top. Whenever I see that red and am not expecting it, I check to find out what's going on.
:D

Back