postfix question

pedz

Registered
On some mail installations, I've seen it where a warning message is sent back to the person who sent a message if the original message could not be delivered within a short amount of time (like 4 hours).

Does anyone know how to configure postfix to do that?

Thanks,

pedz said:
On some mail installations, I've seen it where a warning message is sent back to the person who sent a message if the original message could not be delivered within a short amount of time (like 4 hours).

Does anyone know how to configure postfix to do that?

Thanks,

This is done automatically when the target mailserver is not available. Postfix will try to send the message after some delay (and keep generating messages back to you).

Good luck, kees

I think you missed my question. On my system (server), this does not happen. I would like for it to happen. How do I configure postfix to do that?

pedz said:
I think you missed my question. On my system (server), this does not happen. I would like for it to happen. How do I configure postfix to do that?

Normally you do not require to do any configuration for that. Apparantly something has gone wrong with your configuration.

Most likely it is a setting in the following files. /private/etc/postfix/main.cf (or master.cf).

Be carefull when changing these files as damaging them might make your system unusable.

Good luck, Kees

Back