Power light after 9.2.1 on G4 "Digital Audio"

aloeppert

Registered
I have one of the Macs release this year, but not the newest line. It's a 466Mhz G4. I just upgraded from 9.1 to 9.2.1 and when I rebooted from the update, the computer rebooted fine, but my power light went out. I didn't have time to play with it (I was updating the software before work) so I don't know if it will happen again when I boot in to 9.2.1 again. The light came back on when I booted into OSX. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

I have a Dual Processor 533mhz G4 that I upgraded to 9.2.1 and my power light went out too - but see, I was very happy about it because I have been trying to get it to STOP pulsating when it dozed off as it's in my bedroom and trying to sleep with that bright white light was just not working - I had to throw a jacket over the monitor (the fact there is no direct way to turn off or black out the screen without having to wait for power management to time out is also driving me buggy).

Alas, my happiness didn't last long, the power light went back to normal the next time I powered up the Mac... damn! :(
(it was freaking me out as I didn't know if it was on or off when the screen was blacked out)

Oh well...

Anyone know how to make that wonderful bug permanent? :)

Back