Power Mac G4 Dual 1.25GHz > PowerBook G4 1.25GHz

ddma

The Most Stupid Member
I am thinking of going for the PowerBook G4 1.25Ghz SuperDrive from my PowerMac G4 dual 1.25Ghz Combo drive! Any idea?

If you don't mind losing the extra speed go for the PowerBook! I went from a PowerMac 867 and a 933 to a PowerBook 1GHz and although I lost some speed here and there, the portability of a PowerBook cannot be matched! :D

Of course you have to think about the future proof of the matter: With the Dual G4 you can upgrade about anything you may need while with the PowerBook, some things no matter what, cannot be upgraded...

Can't you keep the PowerMac and buy, say, an iBook G4/933MHz or 1GHz instead of a PowerBook 1.25? ;)

The most concern is space limitation. My desk is too small for 2 computers. I have had an iBook G3 800 and I loved the speed of it altought it was only G3. The PowerMac has already wasted 2/5 of my desk space... So I think one powerful laptop will be the solution.

But quite costly. If the speed of the G3 800 was good for you, I wouldn't spend so much money on the powerbook. If you have space-probs, I would rather use one screen and switch between two computer (when you have one more).

Back