Power Mac G4 No Power

n8conrad

Registered
I have a Power Mac G4 that is less than a year old. I have recently installed an ECHO Layla PCI soundcard. The drivers are final versions and the card has been working fine for about two weeks. I use this computer rarely, it is strictly a video editing workstation and I try to keep it off the internet. I used it last week, but it has not been turned on since. I went to power it up and nothing happens. There is no click, there is no light, there is no sound. This is a total mystery. There have been no indications that any problems may be pending at all. It has, in fact, been working like a charm right up until this point.

Is there any sort of internal power switch, fuse or breaker that may need to be reset in order to make this work properly?

'Is there any sort of internal power switch (no) fuse (yes) or breaker (no) that may need to be reset in order to make this work properly? The fuse, if open.

01. Confirm a known good AC cord is plugged into the PowerMac, PM, and a known working AC outlet.
02. Open the PM, if the fuse is easly viewable - verify it is good (replacing it if open); otherwise, locate the CUDA button, and follow the provided link's related instructions (scroll down to 'PUSHING THE CUDA (PMU) SWITCH:').

If still no working PowerMac.
01. Turn OFF the Mac, remove the Echo Layla PCI card, turn ON the Mac, and follow step 02. above, if needed.

Report your results.

-----

Back