Powerbook 12" stuck CD

pollo

Registered
I have a standard-sized CD stuck inside the slot combo drive of my powerbook 12". It makes the sound of it trying to eject, but the CD doesn't come out. It then redetects it and spins up again.

I haven't installed the update patch to the combo drive, and now it's too late. I'm currently living in a country without decent repair services.

Any ideas anyone???

Quit all the programs, restart the computer while holding down the trackpad button. That is press down on the track pad immediately after selecting restart.

Restard and hold down the eject key while your machine is booting, should also solve the problem...

None of those tricks have worked. It makes the sound like it's ejecting, but it's like the CD's hitting something. After a few seconds, it sees the CD and thinks a new one has been inserted.

I've also tried disassembling my laptop using the instructions in Japanese, but the american keyboard doesn't come out the same way as a Japanese one does, so that didn't work.

Check the search on stuck CDs. We had a thread not that long ago about various CD slots stuck. For many, it was a copyright-protected CD/VCD that was causing something the tray to not want to eject. I have an IceBook and the problem sounds similar to yours. I finally had to use a paperclip on the manual eject port, but once I did that and put in a non-copyright disc (I had been watching a vcd), the tray worked just fine.

Back