Powerbook Battery drain after 10.2 update

Gedankenspiel

Registered
After installing 10.2 on my new TiBook I noticed a significant difference when running off of battery. I usually never shut down my PB but instead put it in sleep mode all the the time. After the update the battery was depleted MUCH faster than under 10.1.5. I can usually leave it in sleep mode over night but this morning the battery was completely empty and the machine wouldn't start unless plugged in.

I also believe that heat has become more of an issue as it seems to get a lot hotter under the titanium enclosure.

Anyone out there who has the same problem?

G

Actually yes. Often when I come home I don't plug it in directly. I just use it for a while on the battery, sleep it and then plug it in later.Yesterday, I did that at aroun 4pm and at six I wanted to check my email so pressed a key on the keyboard and nothing happened. the sleep light was still pulsating though. I immediately plugged in the adapter and it woke from sleep, with only 30 percent f the battery left! (it was probably at aroun 95 percent) when it went to sleep. So it appears as though sleep mode doesn't actually sleep it properly and instead continues to drain the battery...

Back