Powerbook battery stuck.

talkinghead42

Registered
Hello,

The battery compartment at the bottom of my G4 Powerbook is stuck. I can't move the slider to eject the battery. Any ideas how to get it out? I assume i've knocked it somehow. Also, over my time of having the 'book (this could be very much related) the bottom half of the casing has become slightly loose and seperated - whats the best way to go tightening it up?

Thanks a lot,
Stuart.

If you turn your PowerBook upside-down, looking at the bottom, with the battery side towards you, and the screws away from you, You should be able to push the bottom part of the casing away from you, in order to tighten it (it has little hooks). Hopefully you can then tighten the screws, if they need it, and hopefully your battery can come out. Also, make sure that the switch to get the batter out is snugly in the dent in the casing which is made for it.

Ironically, my battery has fallen out and danced on the concrete below my feet. Not a pleasant sight after only a week of ownership. What's the approach then to keeping the battery in place? The latch which appears to be made of a weak white plastic material uses just a bit of friction rather than a solid "hooking" mechanism to hold the battery in place. Does this not seem somewhat tenuous? Thanks.

If it's only a week old, call Apple. It's deffective and they should repair the problem.

Back