PowerBook combo drive! (and other stuff)

cowgomoo

Registered
Check out the Apple website. They finally got a combo drive into that skinny little Titanium! So so cool. I've been holding out for that for months. Now I feel vindicated :).

As for the "new product" at macworld, I'm placing my bets on the long-awaited flat-panel iMac. Maybe they'll even bump it up to a g4 (though i doubt it).

I've also heard reports that Apple is going to introduce an "imaging product". My bets are on some sort of digital camera (Apple's got experience with the QuickCams it produced.)

And stay tuned for some sort of Apple handheld device (based on improved Newton software) and MWNY in July.

Everything I've written (except the first paragraph), is all speculation of course, but what else can you do with a company as secretive about its upcoming products as Apple?

Here hoping for an excellent MacWorld to make up for the last one!

Andrew.

I'd heard a rumor several months ago that TiBooks were coming out of repair with combo-drives silently installed, even if the repair was unrelated to the drive. Some sort of seeding program is all I could figure. It's nice to see them make it officially into the TiBooks. The lack of the combodrive was the only real thing that drove me toward an iBook...

Anyone want to buy a barely-used iBook?? :)

Back