powerbook display as negative

byronw70

Registered
Recently I woke my powerbook firewire (running 10.2.6) up and the display looked like a negative. I checked the settings and they looked OK. I then booted to 9 and all was ok, so I know that it isn't a hardware problem. Also, when booting to OS X, the display is fine right until user login. As soon as the backdrop is displayed, the screen quite literally becomes a negative of what it would normally be - wierd.

Any asistance would be most appreciated

You'll find this in the Universal Access pane under system preferences, a huge button labelled "Switch to Black on White".

You can also switch to and from the negative image with Cmd-Ctrl-Option-* (Cmd-Ctrl-Opt-8 on notebooks).

Thanks mate - your a gun. Unfortunately, I noticed that it was linked to the user, so I deleted the user and re-created, and am now re-importing the various preferences and favourites etc.

However, once again this forum proves itself. Why would anyone want this setting anyway, as the keyboard shortcut does do the negative thing, but this is not the same as the black and white setting in "Universal settings"

- The option is there for people who have vision problems. Apparently it helps in some cases to have a negative image. Apple included it to comply with Universal Access standards laid down by one of the disability advocacy groups (can't remember who exactly).

- The Scratch And Sniff Committee (SASC) Directs-And-Monitors All Primate Experiments in Scratching (DAM APES). We are also responsible for Sniffing A Lotta Small Animals (SALSA).
The DAM APES were established shortly after the last ice age. It was not long before they learnt to incorporate SALSA into their activities.
As some members of the organisation developed larger brains and opposable thumbs, they broke off their own faction, called Hitting Uther Monkeys Around the Noggin (HUMAN). The HUMANs went on to develop the wheel, fire and polka music, while the DAM APES decided to stay in the forest and just scratch and sniff each other.
It was pointed out that since they were going to hang around in the trees and scratch and sniff things, they might as well do it in an organised way. So, they planned to establish the General Assembly for Scrathing and Sniffing (GASS). But when the DAM APES attempted to pass GASS, they were repealed. Hence, the Scratch & Sniff Committee was formed.
There, does that explain everything? ;-)

Uh, symphonix. You've. . really put a lot of . . . thought into that. . .

Haven't you?

(runs to door)

:)

For some reason your avatar and title always make me think of a monkey scratching its butt and sniffing its fingers.

It's okay, trickey, he's done sniffing us.

Back