Powerbook G4 crash - need help

Rodney Webb

Registered
Hello,

I purchased a Powerbook G4 about 6 weeks ago. I've been a Windows user for years, but decided to switch to a Mac for digital photography purposes.

My Powerbook G4 crashed this weekend with "Keys out of order" error. It appears I have no other option but to init the hd and start over.

Before starting this process, I'm trying to backup my digital photography files, but can not burn cds because I can't passed the "prepare cd for burning" menu.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for any advice.
Rodney Webb

If your not already running it, you could try upgrading to OS 10.2 and then performing a clean install. This is the archive and install option. This will install a new system without requiring you to reinitializing your hard drive. All of your files and setting will be saved.

A clean system install won't work if there are problems with the hard disk. Running disk warrior fixed the problem. I recommend running disk warrior on a regular basis (once or twice a month) as general maintenance. Create an emergency disk with OS 9 and diskwarrior on it for those occasions where you have to restart from CD.

Thanks,

Dr. Mac

Back