Powerbook G4 & DVD-R Issues

cbl2001

Registered
Hi,

I have a 1Ghz PBG4 running OSX 10.2.8, and am having no luck whatsoever with DVD-Rs. I have checked with apple that the drive reads DVD-R (as opposed to DVD+R), but every time I put one of these discs in, it is ejected straight away (after much 'grinding').

Does anybody have any clues as to why this is, and know of any way to fix it! The only DVD-R that has worked is the Apple-supplied one that came with my machine...:(

Cheers,
Chris

Well, obviously you are using bad media. Go for brand names. Verbatim works fine for me.
Btw, you might be interested to this:
After an open firmware update for my superdrive, I was able to use some older media which didn't work before, plus burning DVD-R at 2x speed and CD-Rs at 16x speed. I can recommend this, but you might lose your warrenty, if something goes wrong...

The brands I've used include Panasonic and Packard Be, but I'll try to find another sort. Where can I get the firmware download you suggest?

Hi,

thanks, I also found the same site about 10 minutes ago and have just finished installing the firmware update. First signs are good - the drive has picked up my DVD-RW disc without any problems!

Thanks for your help!

Back