PowerBook G4 Update

I was at the local PCWorld the other day. The Powerbooks are no longer on display and they have been waiting for new stock for some time now. It could be that Apple is waiting to send some new Powerbooks to them.

The dual cores will only begin sampling in the 2H 2005. It'll be quite a while before the dual cores appear in the powerbooks, if ever. That doesn't stop us from dreaming though....;)

If you link to a story that contains a link to a rumour site, why not just link to the rumour site? It's MOSR, btw. ;-) AFAIK, the new PowerBooks will be out soon (although I dunno about 'days') and will bring a rather 'normal' update, sadly. No dual core G4s, no 200 MHz FSB. Too bad that Freescale picks up where Motorola left things (updates do come, but slowly).

They better not put out a G5 revision. I just ordered mine last weekend. So far every computer I have bought a step up came out within 2 weeks of when I bought it

fryke, you have no idea how good that makes me feel. That means that my Powerbook won't feel old any time too soon.

HateEternal: Then why do you order your computers when several rumour sites have already been talking about the update coming this Autumn?

No G5 PowerBooks this year -- not a chance. Probably not even in Q1 2005. Even Apple said so. :(

Been discussed to death here already.

yeah I realise its been discussed here a few times before. its just that if there is another G4 powerbook release then this would meen an even longer wait for a G5 than first anticipated.

Back