Powerbook G4 wait

matchbox

Registered
I ordered a Powerbook G4 about 5 weeks ago and was told today that due to delays in getting parts at Apple, there would be a delay in delivery of "several more weeks". Is waiting 2 months for a Powerbook G4 typical of Apple these days?

my powerbook was delayed when i ordered 2-3 days after it came out. i ordered from macwarehouse then afterwards they told me it was out of stock. try some lesser known Apple resellers. i ordered from jandr.com in New York City and I got it 1 week after ordering.

Fahrvergnuugen ordered a customized dual G5 right after they were announced, and he didn't get it until last week. So your delay is probably just the normal course of business.

Yes, this sucks. Apple are delaying because there were many complaints about the PowerBook screens.
Now, this menat a lot of screens had to be used for repairs, meaning less for new computers. Also, they are delaying to fix the problems so they won't have more complaints.

This isn't something Apple can do something about, but they could have done a few things differently. They could have tested the Macs before releasing them, after just a month of Apple emplyees using them, I guarrantee they had all the problems they have now.
Also, they should have told you when you ordered, that it would take over a month for you to get it...

Back