Powerbook G4 won't boot properly/wake

TCorrado

Registered
I am currently running a 15" Powerbook G4 1.67, 1GB ram, latest update for 10.5.

Yesterday my computer randomly went to sleep and wouldn't wake up. I forced it to shut down and then tried rebooting it. It started up, but went to sleep before even getting to the login screen. I have searched the internet, this website, and the apple support site to try and fix the problem.
I have tried resetting the PMU (although I don't know if I did that correctly), leaving it to rest without any battery or AC power hooked up to it, and the CMD + ALT + P + R reset all to no avail.

It seems like the general outcome for random sleep problems hasn't been too good, but any other help tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

To reset the PMU, you need to turn off the computer, then disconnect the battery and power cable. Once the computer is shut down, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds, then replace the battery and cable and restart.

You should make sure your battery holds a charge and your power adapter is working correctly as well.

When you say sleep - do you mean the light is blinking, or the screen goes blank? They aren't nessisarily the same thing.

Back