Powerbook Harddisk recovery

linux_cat

Registered
Hello everyone I hope all is well....and i hope that someone can help me with the little dilema i am having

I recently dropped my powerbook 15” in the floor and dented the outer casing very badly as a result I couldn’t open it. Luckily I had insurance who picked up my powerbook to repair it.

Thing is, I didn’t back up my data before it went to them (stupid I know), and the came back to me saying that they couldn’t repair the lappy and they would send me a replacement…good thing is…im going to get the new macbook pro!!!...dont you just love insurance companies?

Now, I asked for the hardisk in my powerbook to be sent to me as I need my itunes, every single cd that has ever passed through my hands, including my treasured Diana Ross collection is on the hardisk and I want to be able to load it all up on my new macbook.

Now the macbook hasn’t arrived yet and delivery is planned around mid march, but I have received my hardisk and I bought a caddy in an attempt to attach it to my work laptop that runs windows, so my main question is can I view my powerbook harddisk via the caddy from my xp lappy???, I know they use different file systems and types but is there a driver or a program that runs on windows to access it??

Any help is appreciated.

Hi

Lucky you, getting the new Intel Mac! :)
Sorry I can't help with your problem now, but in future (if you're not one for backing up - NAUGHTY NAUGHTY), use iDisk....
I use it quite a bit with my PDA. It's great, you'll never lose anything ever again. Especially email, photos, music,etc....
Good Luck, Hope you get it all back
N x

thanks people...i managed to get it all back!!!...thanks to Transmac....

Nadia can idisk hold like 80gigs worth of data??, i thought it was an online storage facility?

Hi

So glad you got it all back :)
Well, I don't know if I'm a huge fan of iDisk anymore.....I used it today and synced my mac.....next thing I knew, my entire hard drive was online! aarrgghh, I get very paranoid about that sort of thing!

Anyway, yes it holds a lot.
I used a password, but it only gave me the option of password protect for read and write or read only! Not store hidden!
Don't know, got to look into it a bit more.

I have a PDA that I use, they're the best! Recommended! Definitely, this time.. lol

GOOD LUCK
Nadia

Back